New name, new icon, new website, a lot has been going on in my pet project. Back when I started, I had only begun learning Python and had written close to nothing except shell scripts. Since then I got my first job in IT as Java developer and learned about objects, which led me to rewrite almost all of my code to use them.
- analyze input files using pymediainfo
- treat files, tracks, codecs and VapourSynth plugins as objects
- switch to using ffmpeg exclusively instead of dedicated binaries for each codec
- video pixel format and color matrix manipulation
- audio channel and sample rate conversion
- automatically trim audio when video is trimmed (only works with CFR videos)
- add a preview to the script creator
- add notifications using libnotify
- add codecs, containers and plugins upon request
- ditch vspipe and load vapoursynth directly to feed ffmpeg
- use pointers to preview directly instead of generating temporary images
If like me you miss MeGUI or StaxRip on Linux, feel free to give pyhenkan a spin and let me know what you think!